This a a quick and delicious accompaniment to Chilli Con Carnie or Hamburgers for instance! Also a wonderful way to use up old avocado and tomatoes!
Dice all the vegetables, mix in the creme fraiche and top with chilli. Job done!
Originally served with Lazy Leftover Chilli Nachos.
for the guacamole [serves 2] :
1 very ripe avocado, peeled and roughly chopped (stone reserved)
1 tomato, finely diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1 tbsp creme fraiche
1 red thai chilli, finely diced
1/2 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
for the guacamole :
1) Put the chopped avocado, tomato, red onion in a small bowl.
2) Mash gently with the fork and mix well.
3) Add the creme fraiche and lime juice and mix again.
4) Season well and sprinkle over the chilli.
5) Taste and adjust with more salt and pepper/lime/chilli/creme fraiche.
6) Add the stone to the bowl and cover with cling film. (This will stop the guacamole going brown).
7) Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Peel the avocado
Dice the tomato
Dice the chilli
Mash and mix well
Serve on Nachos!