Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish Yoghurt Dressing
06/10/14 13:54 Filed in: British - Main
I was going through my phone when I came across this recipe from the summer.
If I recall correctly, I served the smoked mackerel salad during my house move - as it required little preparation.
The fishmonger recommended the hot smoked mackerel, saying it would make a great change - he sure was right!
The mustardy radishes compliment the smoked fish and hot horseradish giving a big mouthful of flavour!!
I whole heartedly recommend trying this recipe.
for the smoked mackerel salad [serves 2] :
1 whole smoked mackerel
handful of rocket leaves
handful of iceberg lettuce
2 pickled beetroot, cut into thin juliennes
4 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
1/4 red pepper thinly sliced
pinch of salt and pepper
for the horseradish yoghurt dressing [serves 2] :
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 lemon, juiced
for the smoked mackerel salad :
1) Prepare the salad ingredients and add to serving bowls.
2) Scatter over the rocket leaves, beetroot and iceberg lettuce.
3) Remove the skin and flake the smoked mackerel over the salad.
4) Drizzle over the dressing.
5) Season well and serve
for the horseradish yoghurt dressing :
1) Combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise and horseradish in a small bowl.
2) Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Prepare the salad
Add the horseradish, lemon and mayonnaise to a small bowl
Flake the mackerel onto the salad